Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Monday, March 14, 2005

Sometimes, Mondays suck...

So, it's Monday. I guess everyone figured that out already. It's 10am, and I've already concluded that today will be bad. Perhaps I'm a bit of a pessimist, or maybe I'm speaking from experience--either way, this particular Monday sucks.

However, in retrospect, the weekend was pretty good. I went to the Highland Maple Festival with my parents on Saturday. Bascially, the Maple Fest is a huge pigfest of food. You spend the entire day eating junk that you can't have for another year. The day dawned snowy, with approximately 4 inches on the ground at 7am Saturday morning. We headed towards Williamsville for the traditional Buckwheat cakes and sausage breakfast with maple syrup. Then we drove out to Puffenbargers Sugar Camp, where we purchased 2 dozen maple fried donuts, 2 things of maple donut holes (we took them home-didn't eat them right away), and each of us had a hotdog with chili. Afterwards, we drove into downtown Monterey to walk the streets and see the crafts vendors. My mom and I didn't buy any crafts, but we picked up about 10 used books for less than 3 dollars. My dad, however, ended up purchasing fresh cooked porkskins and a bag of kettle corn. On the way out of town, we stopped at the gas station for cokes and bathroom breaks (because i absolutely REFUSE to set foot into a porta-potty), and my dad walked across the street and bought hot country ham sandwiches for the drive home.

Anyways, it was ALOT of fun, and even though my tummy didn't thank me for it later, I had a great time. My dad also decided that he didn't want the donuts and holes that he got, so I brought the remainder into the office today for the masses to consume. Carpe Diem! :)

Anyways, I hope that YOUR Monday is infinitely better than mine is shaping up to be!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home