Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Monday, March 21, 2005

Notes of a weather kind...

To JoDee--I killed MY first spider of spring last Thursday night. It was HUGE and about 2 inches across. It jumped as I attempted to crush it, but I, like always, emerged the victor. (and the spiders crawling over Homer's face last night freaked me out!)

The weather in Richmond is, for lack of better words, at the moment, absolutely BEAUTIFUL! It's been breezy, sunny, and warm (ie-highs in the mid-60's)since Friday. I know you're all jealous! Even though I am a die-hard winter girl, I believe that I can learn to love the balmy breezes of spring--though I will forever detest the humid, hazy, and hot days of summer!

On another note, I am preparing to take my first plane trip in April. With gas prices as high as they are, it's actually cheaper to fly to Michigan than to drive. I'm excited, and now I want to buy new luggage so that I can look the part of the seasoned traveler. Alas, though, I will settle for my road weary rolling green American Tourister duffle that I bought about 8 years ago when I first came to OU. It's been a faithful friend, and didn't protest when I sewed the gash in the side with bright green, mint flavored dental floss. I can't help but dream, however, of the beautiful red Samsonite wheeled softside suitcase with the stowing handle and the multitude of compartments for storing all kinds of nifty items. I shall, survive, however.

Ok, I'm off to finish up some work related items, especially since I'm here and being paid to do what they want. More later.....maybe tomorrow....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home