Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Monday, April 04, 2005

I'm leaving, on a jetplane...

Ok, so in two days, I will take my inagural plane trip. I'm 28, went to college three states away from where I grew up, and I have never flown. I'm excited, a bit wary of missing my connecting flight in DC, afraid that some innocuous item in my luggage will prompt tackle and strip search by butch lesbionic airport security, but oddly enough, not afraid to die. Weird, huh? I guess it's all in the priorities.

For years, I've thought about flying. Every time I came home from college, someone would ask me if I was flying. Since it was only 8-10 hours drive time, and my parents live approximately 2 hours from the closest regional airport (I don't think that the small airport on top of the mountain that caters to small private puddle-jumper planes would have a commuter flight into it), I considered flying to be more of a hassle than driving. Besides, who wants to be dependent on their parents for transportation when you're home for spring break? The prohibitive cost also factored into the non-flying decisions.

Well, this time, the price was right, the time saved was right, and I'm also avoiding an extra 1800 miles of wear and tear on my car. So, wish me luck, keep your fingers crossed that I don't miss my connection, and that the predicted thunderstorms don't keep me from making a timely landing at Metro.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home