Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Thursday, August 03, 2006

I give up...

after another futile search for shoes has failed me. Listen up Richmond Retailers--the more shoes in size 11 you carry, the more you will sell. Apparently, I'm not the only woman in the area that wears size 11--otherwise, that one pair you order would still be available when I go to buy it.

I'm planning on joining a co-ed softball team. I need softball cleats. I have visited and called every single sporting goods and shoe store in the west end and southside. I have yet to find ONE pair of softball cleats in my size. What is the deal? I have checked every website that mentions the word "softball" "cleat" and "women" on it. NOTHING in size 11. I am very disappointed.

True, I'll admit that it is a bit late in the season to be looking for cleats. However, in May, I didn't know I would be possibly joining a softball team in August. And even though the cleats I wore in HS are still somewhere around my parents house, they don't do me much good now. Besides, I got them when I was like, fourteen. They're old--and nasty--and I don't want to wear them. I want something new and cute, not crusty with orange dust and falling apart from dryrot.

Why is it, when I'm broke and need shoes, I can never find the right shoes in the right size at the right price--but when I'm just aimlessly wandering, I'll find 47 pairs of shoes I don't need?

ARRRGGGGHHHH!!!....

1 Comments:

  • At 7:39 AM, Blogger lara =) said…

    i feel your pain. i've given up on buying womens 11 or 11.5 shoes. instead, i've been buying mens 9 or 9.5 for the past two years for exactly this reason. no one notices the difference, and the guys' shoes are more comfortable anyhow. :) good luck!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home