Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Monday, April 24, 2006

Even the ants here are stupid...

Ok, so I have some ants in my house. They're teeny-tiny little things, and I looked them up on Google--they go by the name of "pharoh ants". Research decreed that I should buy some ant bait to kill them.

I bought ant bait last week. I got the expensive little self-contained sweet traps (because pharoh ants like sweet stuff). I placed two of them out, following directions. According to the package, the ants will walk up the little ramp, partake of the sweet (yet indidiously deadly) bait, carry it back to their little colony, and all the ants would die. Pretty easy, right?

Apparently, the ants didn't get the "how to carry poison back to the colony and die" memo. All they had to do was walk up the ramp, take some poison, and go back to their little ant families and kill them all. I checked the traps last night, for curiosity sake, as they had been out for over a week.

Instead of seeing an empty bait trap, I found a bait trap full of ants that were either: a: swimming, or b: dead. No wonder I'm still finding ants! They're going to the Sweet Poison Mecca resort. Instead of tasting the bait, they dive headfirst in, I'm sure, in order to ensure more for them and less for their little ant friends and relatives. They aren't carrying poison back, they're gorging on it, and then suffering tiny little ant heart-attacks, or some other horrible ant maladies.

Stupid ants.

4 Comments:

  • At 1:16 AM, Blogger Miranda said…

    Oh no! I wonder how much greed affects (effects? I think it's affects, but I can NEVER remember) evolution.

     
  • At 10:55 AM, Blogger Tee/Tracy said…

    ROFLMAO!!! ... That totally sucks but it's hilarious.

     
  • At 9:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    What kind did you use? I have those ants too and dont wont to waste money on the stuff you used!

     
  • At 11:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I've had these "stupid ants" for a few years now and have given up trying to eradicate them. I've been naming them but I'm fast running out of names.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home