Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Friday, February 02, 2007

Dinner with a friend...

We used to have dinner together alot in the olden days. In college, we had dinner together three or four times a week. Pizza from the after hours Oakland center Pizza Hut on campus. Our Thursday girls nights out at Fridays with the other 'girlz in the hall' from 5 HIll House. Our Tuesday 'Drew Carey' dinner and TV viewing. Our late night Meijer, Krispy Kreme, and Taco Bell trips just because we were awake and hungry.

After college, even though we didn't live down the floor from each other any more, we still managed to grab a few meals a week together. When I relocated from Macomb to Belleville, that dropped to maybe once or twice a week. But since I moved to Virginia, JoDee and I don't have alot of opportunity to have dinner together any more. Something about that 800 mile buffer zone between here and Michigan puts a real kink in our spur of the moment dinner plans.

Tonight, though, JoDee and I met for dinner (sans Craigers). We picked a time, planned a menu, and met over the phone for some quality chat time. I made chicken stir-fry with the YUMMIEST teriyaki sauce EVER! She partook of crock-potted goodness of her own making. (and believe me, it had to be good--because JoDee is a GREAT cook).

Dinner was delicious, the company was awesome, and I realized how truly thankful I am to have friends who make the effort to keep us connected, even though the distance could very well have ended our friendships years ago.

1 Comments:

  • At 4:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I don't know what to say.... that was quite touching. Even though you may be in Virginia and our lives are taking different paths you can still count on me to be there when you need to yell, laugh, cry, be silly, or just have an ear to talk to. You know you are not just a friend you are family and sisters never let distance stand in the way of caring.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home