Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Monday, December 18, 2006

Tis the season for cheesy TV movies...

This past weekend, I spent not one, but both days off becoming one with my couch. It's been a while since I've spent that kind of quality time with a piece of furniture that is not my bed or my office chair at work. However, please note that this reacquaintance was not by choice, but by necessity.

Anyways, quality time with the couch usually results in some quality time with the TV as well. And with Christmas so quickly approaching, station such as Lifetime, Oxygen, and Hallmark innundate the airwaves with a plethora of holiday themed made for tv movies.

Yesterday, with little else to do, and my remote lost somewhere between the cushions, I was forced to watch the Hallmark channel. And on the Hallmark channel, there was a movie called, "Single Santa Seeking Mrs. Clause," and unfortunately, the sequel, aptly titled, "Meet the Santas." No, neither of the movies starred that intrepid actor, Rob "king of the Lifetime movie" Lowe, but Steve "where did my acting career go" Guttenberg. This is a picture from the wedding scene of the movie:

Did anyone else notice that Steve Guttenberg is Jewish? I found it rather ironic and humorous that a Christmas movie about Santa was played by a Jewish actor.

Don't get me wrong--I had a Jewish friend/roomate once. Jewish people are great, and they have some really interesting and yummy delicacies like Matza ball soup, farfel, brisquet, and kuegel.

I was just pointing out the irony of a predominately Christian myth being portrayed by Steve Guttenberg, best known for the"Police Academy" movies, and very little else since 1985.

I'm wary of posting this, though, because some crazy person (be it man or woman) who's totally in love with Steve may be ranting to me about how jealous I am of his career, and most especially, his money, because, honestly--who WOULDN'T want to be Steve Guttenberg!?!


1 Comments:

  • At 1:28 PM, Blogger Tee/Tracy said…

    Beware the anonymous Steve Guttenberg fantic!

    LOL.

    I love Christmas shows. I'm still waiting for my favorites - Christmas Story and Olive the Other Reindeer :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home