Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Monday, February 12, 2007

Thoughts of a weather nature...

Meteorologists in the area have predicted two severe weather fronts in the recent past-and both turned out to be nothing. One day, without even a flake of snow to base it on, schools and businesses closed for the day--based on the THREAT of snow. Only in Ricmhond, eh?

Tonight, we may or may not see an ice and snow storm that has been in the predicting stage for a few days. The NOAA has changed the forecast about four time in the past 24 hours. What will happen? Who knows--but I'll admit it would be nice to have a 'snow day' from work.

I AM PREPARED!!! I have a brand new When Harry Met Sally DVD, a box of turtle brownie mix, and a bag full of unread books (courtesy of mom). I could use the time to catch up on the Young and the Restless--since I get to catch an episode of it every 4 years or so, I should be pretty up to date with the plot line. And I could see how old Bob Barker is doing on the Price is Right--and watch someone lose at Plinko (I think it's fixed).

Along with warm fuzzy socks, comfy jammies, and internet access, I could have the best snow day ever--well, maybe not ever--but the best in recent memory (the last occuring sometime in 2000 when the weather gods dropped a good 2-3 feet of snow on Michigan--and I was actually paid for having the day off).

Now, if only the weather would cooperate.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

  • At 1:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Bob Barker is retiring..better hurray!

     
  • At 2:34 PM, Blogger Tee/Tracy said…

    They haven't been real accurate this year (the meterologists). The other night the guy actually said, "It might snow, it might now. We'll just have to see."

    HUH?! I could've said that. What're they paying him for?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home