Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

So, it's June already?!?

Where did the spring go?

1. First order of business is to post about the 'pay it forward' that Mandy in Canada did. She put together an awesome package chock-full of Canadian stuff from her Province that Tee and I were the lucky recipients of. Included in it were a(n): oven mitt, socks, Aerobar, super cute moose as a mountie magnet, a picture frame/flag magnet, and another magnet that encompasses being a woman. If I forgot something, I apologize. I've borrowed Tee's picture to use for this post--especially since the Aerobar didn't last long--and the other things have already been put to good use. The package was COVERED in the cutest Canadian stickers. I'm trying to figure out a way to salvage some of them to decorate my laptop with. :)

If you are interested in getting in on the 'pay it forward' action--let me know. I'll send out a package to you (limited to first three people who show interest in receiving something and sending something to someone else) full of super cool stuff that I think you'd like. Post a comment here if you want in.

2. Thomas and I took a road-trip to Detroit in mid-April to see JoDee and Craig for the weekend. We had originally planned to go to Penguicon, but other events kept us away from partaking of a majority of the festivities. This mainly being the flat tire that I got on the rental car on that Saturday that pretty much kept Thomas and I away from the hotel all freaking day. (Honestly, the only reason I wanted to go was to see my friends--and be supportive of Craig as he did his presentation. Oh--and to get my hair cut by Lisa at Tralise.

3. From Detroit that Sunday, we cut across Ontario into Niagra Falls, NY, and then down into Hershey, PA, the sweetest place on earth. Niagra was BEAUTIFUL. We made sure to view the falls from the Canadian side--and even though we couldn't stop and do the whole tourist thing (because parking was $12 per car and we still had miles and miles to go before sleep), we did hop out and take a few pictures.


Hershey was fun, even though the park was closed. We went to Chocolate World (with the singing cows) and took the chocolate tour, drove down streets with Hershey Kiss street lights, and enjoyed the lightly chocolate scented breezes while eating fresh from the factory store chocolate. Somehow, chocolate tastes sweeter there.


3. After Hershey, it was a straight shot into Baltimore, where we spent the remainder of the week at the Baltimore Marriott Waterfront on the Inner Harbor. This was my first Baltimore experience--and I loved it. Sure, having a harbor view room on the 28th floor certainly helped--but the city itself (or the little piece that was located on piers) was nice and fun. We hit up the Hard Rock Cafe, ESPN zone, the National Aquarium, and the mall.


4. Although we both love traveling--after 9 days away from home, that ended up being the only place that we wanted to be. Back in our own house, with the ability to cook dinner, lounge on the couch, and just chill out.

5. Softball is going okay. We just won our two most recent games this past Sunday, which improved our record to 5-11. The goal of the team was to have fun, and that's what the majority of us are doing. :) Fall ball will start after the spring/summer season ends sometime in August, and will probably keep the team playing through October.

1 Comments:

  • At 7:50 PM, Blogger Mandy said…

    Sounds like your spring was super busy!

    I always thought it would be awesome to do the biggest loser at my University lol... If I had time, I might have acted on it.

    My weightloss blog isn't too active... of course neither is my weight loss lol

    I am glad that you enjoyed your package... hopefully some of your readers will play along!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home