Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Saturday, December 10, 2005

Wow, I'm tired...

and right now I wish I was still asleep in bed, rather than sitting in my office, waiting for a report to finish running. It's my second saturday spent in the corporate prison that will continue to define my life until at least the end of the month.

So far, I've put in about 25 hours of overtime since Friday a week ago (not counting today), and I think I could sleep for a week. There was a time in my life when this didn't phase me at all. I could do it all--work 60 + hours a week, hang out till all hours of the morning, still find time to go to the gym, and have a pretty darn good life. I survived on less than 4 hours a sleep a night--and even then I thought that was too much!

It sucks to get older. Now I start thinking, do I REALLY need to stay up till 11pm to see the end of Crossing Jordan, or Full House, or whatever happens to be on TV at that time? Bed starts sounding pretty darn good about 10pm anymore. I'm too YOUNG to be going to bed at 11, especially on a Friday night, but I have a feeling that I'll never lose the under eye circles that have been tattoo'd there unless I get more sleep.

Arggghhh! This isn't fair at all.

4 Comments:

  • At 1:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yes, I understand. I usually put South Park on around 10 pm lay on the couch and in within 20 minutes I have a husband standing over me nudging me awake in order to go to bed proper. Its better to just give in and get that sleep. Face it we are more stressed now than we ever could have been when we were younger.

     
  • At 8:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Eh? What's that, dearie? Ma didn't pt my batt-trees in my hearin' aids.

     
  • At 11:40 AM, Blogger Aisha said…

    aww hang in there. btw i dont nkow if i said it but love the turtle:)

     
  • At 1:58 PM, Blogger Tee/Tracy said…

    Ah, but over time pays the bills... Only way to stay afloat these days. That sucks.

    As for staying up late - That's when I feel most awake - which sucks. I'm so unproductive during the day, but if I go to bed late when I want to I feel miserable. I agree. Sucks to be old. And we're not even that old yet. LOL.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home