Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Thursday, September 08, 2005

stupid fears...

If you know me, you know that I admit to very few fears. Very little, in actuality, scares me. However, I do admit to a fear of the 8-legged beasts that drop from celiings and hide in corners. In a town where the local university's mascot is a Spider, this is NOT a benefical fear to have.

On Monday night, I came in from my trip, and immediately did a walk through my apartment, looking for any unexpected visitors. I looked in all the upper corners, along the baseboard, and last but not least, I looked in the shower. All clear! After 4 days of being away, I was sure that I would find at least one!

Tuesday morning I stumbled to the bathroom at 6am, and jumped in the shower without completing my normal spider check. After all, I had just did a thorough search less than 6 hours before. No sooner had I turned on the water and picked up the soap, then I turned around in time to see a huge black monstrosity attempting to scramble it's way up the side of the tub.

NOTHING wakes you up faster than a splurge of adrenalin from simultaneously jumping and screaming from the shower.

1 Comments:

  • At 11:07 AM, Blogger Tee/Tracy said…

    Oh my gosh! I would have freaked!

    The other night I woke up to go to the bathroom and there was HUGE FAT cricket on the carpet. I have no idea how he got in but I screamed until Hubby got rid of it. LOL.

    I hate spiders too - especially the wolf spiders, or the little ones that can jump and have all those eyes and look at you. LOL.

    What kind of mascot is a spider??! Ew.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home