Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Sunday, June 26, 2005

so maybe it's not work related after all...

So, I thought that my little depression thing was related to the stress and tension at work, but I'm beginning to think that it's not. Yesterday, I ventured out for my first sans-JoDee haircut since I moved to Virginia. It was hard. And afterwards, there wasn't a lunch out at Max and Ermas or Red Lobster, and deffinitely no coffee and people watching at Nordstroms. And I think that's why I'm depressed.

July 4th will be one year since I moved here, and I still don't have people who know me. I don't have people I can call at midnight because something super funny just happened on MadTV, or to discuss the reasons that people keep crashing into buildings, or about which freeways are closed due to construction. Ok, I know, I can still call JoDee and Craig, but I'm trying to make point here.

Why am I having such a hard time making friends and acquaintances here? Why is it so much harder in Richmond than in Michigan? What am I doing wrong? Do I own the wrong clothes? Do I have the wrong accent? Do I not make enough money? Am I truely so much of a Bitch that people hate me on sight? Or are people so superficial here that they judge me solely on how I look and assume that my physical appearance negates any possibility of creating a friendship?

Fine. If that's the way that Richmond wants it, then thats the way it's going to be. I'm going to stop trying, because trying is getting me nowhere. Either way, I still end up doing things by myself, so why waste the effort.

3 Comments:

  • At 10:00 AM, Blogger Tee/Tracy said…

    This comment has been removed by the author.

     
  • At 11:47 AM, Blogger Tee/Tracy said…

    Hey - I like your turtle sign! :)

     
  • At 6:27 PM, Blogger Mean Red said…

    Hey don't worry, seriously, once you get to know a few people it could all snowball from there! i had to repeat a year of uni this year and i still don't know many people in my year! don't worry about it, you are loved!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home