Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Monday, July 18, 2005

my new diet...

I decided over the weekend to start a new diet, effective today. I picked up a copy of the "south beach diet" at sams club over the weekend, and then subsequently spent $70.00 buying the groceries to at least get through this week. The only drawback to the diet is the basis of eggs and egg recipes (oh, and the elimination of all processed and refined sugars and flours from your meals). I've decided that since I'm allergic to eggs, that for every egg, I'll substitute 1/2 of a chicken breast for the protient exchange. For example, this morning I should have eaten two mini-quiche cups. Instead, I ate a chicken breast and a small can of V-8 juice. It's not an exact science, but I hope that it gets me back on track to being healthier again. I've already cheated, though, but nothing bad for me--i ate my little cheese stick thing, and an hour later, I was still hungry, so I bought one of those 50cent bags of planters p-nuts. I ate 15 (the recommended serving amount in the book), but then finally just ate the entire bag. I guess it could be worse--it could have been a pound of chocolate or a wedding cake or something.

Anyways, I'm doing my best to stick to this. I have a food journal, I have an accountablity partner through email, and I have support from the Blogger Biggest Losers. So, to my 3 amigos who actually read this page, keep your fingers crossed for me. Wish me luck, and pray that I can avoid temptation in the form of pasta, bread, and chocolate. They are the enemy! (at least, for the next 14 days).

Oh yeah, over the weekend, I went with Cathy and some of her family to see Wedding Crashers. It was funny, but inappropriate for children. There's something about Owen Wilson--it must be the comedy aspect. His brother is alot cuter, but not possessing the depth that Owen does, though the nose thing bugs me a bit.

5 Comments:

  • At 9:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Owen Wilsons nose bothers me too. It just looks so haggy..I dunno.

     
  • At 11:13 AM, Blogger Jodi said…

    I just realized this a.m. that I had never read your blog ruthie so I came to check it out!

    You are a great writer! I look forward to reading more. (especially about how much weight you are losing!)

     
  • At 1:35 PM, Blogger Tee/Tracy said…

    Owen Wilson is so hot. J is right about his nose being weird - but he's still hot.

    Hope you're doing well on the diet. Don't they make "eggs" for people allergic to eggs? Like Egg Beaters? Do those have eggs in them??

     
  • At 12:01 PM, Blogger Jodi said…

    Ruthie oh Ruthie where are you????

     
  • At 11:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dear Ruthie,

    I found your blog thru the spilt milk site. I just want to give you some encouragement on your new diet. I did the South Beach Diet last year and lost 35 pounds in 4 months. I have gained back 10 lbs. this year but still feel/look much better. Stick with it girl!!! you can't believe how good it feels to go shopping for smaller sizes!! If I can do it, YOU CAN!! Dawn from South Dakota

     

Post a Comment

<< Home