Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Reflections of 2005...

As 2006 begins, I'm tempted to look back at 2005, and see the things I accomplished, the things I didn't, and how I generally feel about it. All in all, 2005 wasn't the best year of my life--nor was it the worst. On the grand scale of 0(sucks) to 10 (yay), 2005 has garnered a 5 (meh) rating.

Here are a list of my 2005 accomplishments:
1. I finally hung curtains in my apartment. This is itself is monumental, as I have had numerous apartments over the past 6 years or so, and I have never put up curtains before.
2. I took my first trip by plane from Richmond to Detroit. I have fallen in love with air travel.
3. I have renewed and strengthened my relationship with my parents, since I moved from 10 hours away to a mere 3 hours away. My brother, on the other hand, is still a work in progress.
4. I lost a little over 5lbs of fat and gained muscle mass. I can also run 3 miles in 30 minutes at level 4 on the eliptical machine at the gym.
5. I have discovered that anger takes alot of energy, and have chosen to make the best of my circumstances. I sleep better, I am more calm, and I accept that change is good--whether we want to change or not.

Although I am not a resolutioner, I am setting forth my expecations for 2006. As people recognize, they are pretty much the same expectations I set forth at the beginning of every year. Sometimes, I make good, sometimes I don't--it's all in the effort to achieve them that counts.

In 2006, I will:
1. Attempt to eat healthier, and maintain a regular gym regimen of 4x a week.
2. Continue to try to meet new friends through the joining of extra-cirricular activities like the book club I joined, the social club of other Richmond transplants I met, and expanding my Letterboxing endeavors.
3. Take at least one trip by plane to somewhere.
4. Become less of a packrat and eliminate clutter from my life (and apartment).

It's not alot to accomplish, but I think that these are all attainable goals.

Best wishes for a happy and healthy 2006!

4 Comments:

  • At 12:34 PM, Blogger lara =) said…

    i still have never hung curtains anywhere i've lived, so kudos to you.... and i'm quite impressed by the 3 miles in 30 minutes too.

    happy new year!

     
  • At 1:54 PM, Blogger Tee/Tracy said…

    You rule :) I'm proud of you for real and we're going to do even better this year. You should come over to 43things.com. You can set goals and write about what you've already accomplished. It's like an uber to-do list. Very gratifying.

     
  • At 2:28 PM, Blogger Shelley said…

    Wonderful list! Great job with the exercise, and I'm with you on #5 - anger DOES take a lot of energy. Very uplifting post! Have a super new year!!!

    Shelley

     
  • At 1:24 PM, Blogger Tee/Tracy said…

    I tagged you! :D

     

Post a Comment

<< Home