Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Tuesday, August 07, 2007

On turning 27...

I am all about getting deals--or even better, free stuff. So it's no wonder that I am alot of mailing lists. And this being my month of birth, I've been inundated with free goodies. A free burger at Red Robin, $5 off dinner at Red Lobster, $10 of game play at Dave and Busters. It's enough to overwhelm a girl!

So on Saturday, Thomas and I headed out to Red Robin to partake of my free birthday burger (which ended up being a chicken sandwich--but that's neither here nor there). I was very excited, since I haven't eaten at a Red Robin since LAST year's free birthday burger.

So we drove up to Virginia Center Commons (because I hate dealing with Short Pump traffic). I was excited--getting my free meal. I had raspberry lime-ade, and yummy steak fries buried in ketchup. And then it happened. They gathered around the table like vultures circling. The waiter circle--the one that sings and claps. And before you ask--Thomas knows better than to embarrass me like this--and he hadn't been out of my sight. (a few years ago, while at Red Robin in Novi, MI with JoDee, Craig, and my parents--my mom took it upon herself to do this little thing to me--it was not good for anyone present).

My waitress, Babs, currently the purveyor of my bottomless raspberry lime-ades turned against me, and brought forth her waitress friends. And all because I had used a coupon for a free birthday burger--this entitled me to not only a free ice cream sundae--but an embarrassing rendition of "happy birthday"--and an announcement to the establishment that my name was Ruth--and I was celebrating my 27th birthday with them.

It didn't seem to matter that it wasn't actually my birthday for a few more days--or that I'm not actually turning 27--because right now, everyone in that particular Red Robin's thinks I am. When she asked me my age, I just picked the one that fit me best. Besides, everyone on my softball team assumed that I was 26--so now I've aged an entire year. :)

Anyways--I guess I'm free to be 27 (again). I hope that it's alot better than the first time I was 27--because that one kind of sucked, if I remember correctly.

So--I'm off to the 'rents for the rest of the week to escape the crazy hot Richmond weather (predicted 103 on Wednesday), and partake of some of the cool mountain weather (or not--my dad says it's hot and humid there, too).

Stay cool! And talk to you next week!

3 Comments:

  • At 9:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Happy 31st b-day. Hee Hee!

     
  • At 11:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sucks to be old. haha

     
  • At 7:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You know if i was there i'd of told them you were 40 and it was your birthday....

    no matter the time of year!


    ~YOUKNOWWHO you abandoner you!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home