Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Yes, I too fell prey to the HP craze...

If you hadn't picked up on it during my last post, I am a fan of Harry Potter. I read the first four books years ago in succession--multiple times--and then, I never quite got around to reading books 5 and 6. With the advent of the most recent movie being released, and book 7 coming to print, I finally decided to read books 5 & 6 so that I would be prepared.

And then, this past Saturday morning at 7am, I was at my local Sam's Club, purchasing book 7 for myself (and my friend Tracy) because, well--I knew that if I didn't read it right away, it would be ruined for me by Monday. And I knew that she would love to read it, too.

Starting sometime late Saturday morning, after a trip to the post office to send Tracy's copy to her, eating breakfast, and taking a shower, I finally sat down with HP and the Deathly Hallows.



That afternoon, Thomas showed up for our standing Saturday afternoon/evening date--so I had 7 or 8 hours where I didn't read--but as soon as I got home that night, I picked the book back up and started speeding through chapters again. By the time I went to bed Saturday night, I had finished a little over half the book (and that was with only maybe 4 hours of read time all day).

Sunday morning dawned, and off to church I went (like the good little Christian girl I am), and then rushed home to get ready for my softball games. In between church and softball, I was able to eek out another 2 hours or so of reading time--leaving me around 150 pages to finish that night. And believe me, I did finish it Sunday night.

I won't ruin it for anyone reading here--but let me tell you this. IT WAS FREAKING AWESOME!!! And the best part was, that none of the spoilers that I heard all of last week were true--which totally made my reading experience all that more enjoyable.

I hope that everyone else loved it as much as I did! And this is one series of books that I am sorry to see come to an end--but now, I have to wait for the movies. Please let them come out soon!


1 Comments:

  • At 9:24 AM, Blogger Tee/Tracy said…

    While reading your post I scrolled slowly. I was so worried I'd read something I didn't want to read. LOL.
    I'm halfway through and enjoying it soooo much :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home