Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Monday, July 23, 2007

The Harry Potter revolution...

On Thursday, Thomas and I went to see Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. The movie was good, but a bit disappointing.



Although it was great to see the book on the big screen, the detectable differences between the book and the movie irritated me. If you know me at all, I am a STICKLER for details--and alot of things stood out at me.

For example, the crew meets Luna Lovegood on the train--not on the carriage ride to Hogwarts.

Secondly, what happened to the gold coins that the DA used to keep informed of the meetings? Don't those come into play in books 6&7? Won't it be hard to introduce them then, if they weren't introduced at the correct place to begin with?

Thirdly, the DA was revealed by a friend of Cho's--not Cho herself. An the girl that ratted them out was plagued with horrible skin deformities because Hermione jinxed the sign-up list--but in the movie, Cho was forced to talk by use of veritaserum.


Fourthly, was anyone else disappointed in the fight that took place at the Ministry of Magic? In the book, that fight was so awesomely staged, that I had high hopes for the battle that would happen in the movie. Unfortunately, it was short, altered significantly, and nowhere was intense as it should have been.

There were more things I could go into about differences between the book and the movie--but I'll choose to not bore you with that now. Just know, movie makers, I am on to you and your lack of attention to important details! Don't think I won't be waiting for the next installments. And if you DARE skimp on the important details in the 7th movie--well, I would just suggest you don't!

1 Comments:

  • At 1:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You tell them Ruth!! Yeah, they really can't leave out too much from the 7th book. That would just really suck. But, I guee since they have left out a bit in the last 2, most likely the next one, by time they get to the 7th, all those petty details just wont matter. :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home