Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Monday, August 27, 2007

The planting of my first letterbox...

I've been a fan of letterboxing for a while--introduced to it a while back by JoDee and Craig.

Although I did some letterboxes alone within Richmond, this is an activity that Thomas and I have come to participate in with some regularity. And last Friday, we planted our first letterbox!

Needless to say, it was quite fun to assemble it. I hand carved a stamp for the box of a waterfall, to represent the Falling Spring Falls. Since I spent the majority of my life just up the road from here, I felt it would be a fitting spot for my first attempt at letterbox placement.

Thomas and I then spent innumerable hours (okay, not hours--but we DID go to two stores) to find an appropriate box. And to add to the concealment factor, we took a cue from a box we had located the other week, and disguised the box with Camo Duct Tape. Pretty ingenious, eh?

So now, our first box is out in the open, waiting for people to come and find it. Want to locate it yourself? You can get the clue here: Falling Spring Falls Letterbox. It's also posted on the Letterboxing website.

Happy Letterboxing!

1 Comments:

  • At 10:30 AM, Blogger Tee/Tracy said…

    That is AWESOME! I've wanted to do that, too. I have gone letterboxing for awhile.

    The Camo duct tape is a nice touch, and slightly evil. LOL.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home