Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

On letterboxing and new shoes...

Last week, hoping to escape the incessant heat of Richmond, I headed out to the mountains to visit the 'rents. Unfortunately, the oppressive heat and humidity followed me there.

In addition to getting a haircut, buying new shoes, and letterboxing through West Virginia, another significant event occurred--Thomas met my parents. As I'm sure many of you know--anytime you introduce the person you are dating to your parents is very nerve-wracking. And since this is the first time I've done this particular feat--I was just a bit nervous, as well.

Last Tuesday night, Thomas and I met my parents in Waynesboro at the South River Grill. I believe things went rather well--as the image of Thomas as a 'player'--the one that my parents had of him sight unseen--was diminished on actually meeting him. After dinner, I drove home to Hot Springs to spend the rest of the week.

My mom and I spent Wednesday around town--where I found a cute black bag for my new laptop, as well as some personalized post-it notes (for less than $15).

On Thursday, I got a haircut, and then went and utilized some of the wireless internet at the CP Jones Library in Covington.

Friday found me riding to Staunton with my parents, as my dad needed to pick up some tractor parts. It was there that I found my new shoes.

Saturday, Thomas drove in and we spent the day traversing the area in search of letterboxes. And just for reference, you can find ALOT of letterboxes listed on Atlas Quest that are NOT listed on the Letterboxing website.

We completed the following letterboxes: Two Brothers (Hot Springs, VA), Devil's Backbone (Huntersville, WV), I-64 Welcome Center (en route to Covington, VA), and Humpback Bridge (Covington, VA).

Finally, the weekend wrapped up with Thomas and I having dinner with my parents (again), this time at the Country Cafe in Hot Springs--before making the long drive back to Richmond.

I guess, all in all, it was pretty eventful. Pictures of travels, and Shellby's commentary are on The Traveling Turtle blog.

1 Comments:

  • At 10:46 AM, Blogger Tracy said…

    That's awesome that Thomas met your parents :) Pretty serious, huh? :)

    Thanks for the letterboxing tip.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home