Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Tuesday, October 18, 2005

My life as an Office Drone

Aisha asked what it was like to work the 9-5 office life. I tried writing about the structure, the days, co-workers, cubicles...and nothing seemed to fit. So I wrote this instead.

Everyday I sit and stare at
the computer
the calendar
the clock

And I count
the minutes
the hours
the days

Until
a weekend
a holiday
a natural disaster

Arrives to remove
the boredom
the drudgery
the monotony

Of days spent staring.

5 Comments:

  • At 10:14 AM, Blogger Shelley said…

    Hee hee! Love it! I'm living the Dilbert life as well....cubicle central. Thanks for visiting my blog!

     
  • At 2:08 PM, Blogger Tee/Tracy said…

    Wow - that is actually really good. It really captures the boringness (not a word? oh well) of 9-5 office jobs. Well done.

     
  • At 9:42 PM, Blogger Bob said…

    Very well said... reminds me of a song by the band, Saga, called "Time's Up", especially one line about guarding this desk for days.

     
  • At 10:37 PM, Blogger Aisha said…

    That is an awesome awesome poem. (VERY VERY DEPRESSING AND MAKNG ME RETHINK TEACHING) but... very well written. Reminds me of office space. Thanks!

     
  • At 10:19 AM, Blogger FM said…

    Good write up.

    But todays world is just too fast.

    Years are passing by as months, months as weeks, weeks as a day and a day like a firecracker that remain lit up for seconds.

    with regards
    FM

     

Post a Comment

<< Home