Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Monday, January 16, 2006

Random thoughts for a scattered day...

Just some randomness that I've been meaning to write about since last week, and haven't posted yet.

1. I like sushi, as long as there's no fish involved. Bring on the sticky rice and soy sauce.

2. Hugh Jackman has reestablished his hotness factor for me after watching X-Men and X-Men II. He made me swoon in Kate and Leopold, and melt in Van Helsing, but I never knew the power of a mutant until now. I never understood why people were so obsesed with this storyline, but now I have seen the light. It's the British accent factor. Oh yeah, JoDee--he goes on the list!

3. My bookclub chose "Memoirs of a Geisha" for our next meeting. Everyone I've spoken to who has read it say's it's pretty good. I guess I'll find out more towards the end of February when I'll read it. Last bookclub, I read the book 3 weeks before we met, and in the meantime, I read 4 more books, so I couldn't remember alot of details about the assignment. This time, I'll wait a while.

4. Richmond weather is weird. It was so warm last week (pushing upper 60's/low 70's last week), cold front and tornado watches Saturday night, and Sunday was cold. Now the week is warming back up to upper 60's by Friday. I hate it when the weather wreaks havoc on my wardrobe.

5. I have a weather change migrain right now, since there's a warm front moving in tonight. Whenever the makes drastic temperature change (usually from cold to warm), I get these headaches. It sucks, and no amount of Excedrine migraine and Coke will alleviate the pain or the resulting nausea.

6. I finally made it back to the gym on Saturday after an almost 6 week haitus. I was able to get back into my weight training/cardio routine with just small modifications to build back up to where I was prior to the holidays. My calves and thighs are slightly sore, but otherwise, I feel pretty good.

7. I watched Hidalgo and Christmas with the Cranks over the weekend. Hidalgo was very good, although I was afraid I would cry because I was sure that the damn horse would drop dead when he hit the ocean. He didn't--which I'm very happy about, because a dead horse is not a laughing matter. Christmas with the Cranks was funny--but the book was funnier.

7. (cont) I also watched Stephen Kings' 'Salems Lot and Dreamcatcher. When I was 14, I read 'Salems Lot (against the wishes of my mother who believed that Stephen King was evil), and though it did not stop me from reading his books (as my collection will show), I did sleep with a crucifix over my bed for the next 4 years (because you never know when a vampire will show up). In the made for TV movie starring Rob Lowe (king of the Lifetime mini-series), the story line isn't as scary as I imagined it to be. Dreamcatcher was stupid. I did NOT like it at all, even though it had that guy from Chasing Amy--not Ben Affleck, but the one that outlined the comics. You know who I mean. Is he that Earl guy on TV now?

Okay, I think that's enough ramblings for today. I hope that this week at work goes faster than last week. And that it rains soon so that my stupid headache will go away already.

Laterness...

1 Comments:

  • At 8:18 PM, Blogger Aisha said…

    Good job with the workout. Now I need to get my lazy butt off to run too. *sigh*

    Memoirs is an interesting book. It's hard to believe a white american GUY wrote this book because you believe and fall in love with all the characters. He did a great job.

    I didnt like Hidalgo. I'm curious what moved you about this movie. I felt it was very stereotypical of middle easterners and maybe I didnt notice the beauty of other parts of the film b/c of that.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home