Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Thank you

Thank you to the anonymous poster who pointed out the difference between cicadas and locusts. I looked both up at encyclopedia.com, and discovered that:

a. the 17 year locusts are actually cicadas
b. the cicada lays their eggs in tree branches, and their larva fall to the earth, burrow into the ground, and then grow into their full grown state
c. locusts actually lay their eggs in the ground

So, as you can see, it is easily explainable how one might confuse a cicada and a locust.

Anyways, this past Saturday found me wandering around Robius Landing Park in search of the "Harry Potter and the Sorcerers Stone" letterboxes. There were 6 total boxes, and I found all six! I was excited, though it was a pretty long hike. I arrived at the park around 4:15ish, and left at 6pm. If you go, wear sturdy shoes/boots, since most part of the trail is muddy and underwater at some points (well, it was for me since I went after it rained).

I'm hoping that this weekend will be cooperating weatherwise, so that I can go out again and look for hidden boxes.

2 Comments:

  • At 6:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You're welcome. :)

     
  • At 10:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It was not me it was craig! But I guess I already told you that on wednesday. :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home