Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Friday, May 27, 2005

Thoughts on life...

On average, if you live to be 80 years old, you get approximately 29,000 days enjoy here on earth. This was the final thought from the instructor last night, after sweating my ass through 30 mins on the treadmill and an hour of aerobics. At the time, I was trying to keep from melting into the floor of the gym.

Last night, after I went home, showered, and was sitting around in clean pj's, chilling out before bed, the thought crept back into my head. When I hit 29 in a few months, I'll have already used up about 10,500 of those days. Sobering thought!

How many of my 29,000 days have I wasted? How many of those days did I put off doing something I really wanted to do, but was afraid to because I wanted to wait until I was thinner, smarter, prettier? How much of my life will I regret in another 10 or 20 years?

I've always tried to live life without regrets. I never wanted to be one of those people who look back at their lives and wonder what coulda, shoulda been. And so far, I've been pretty successfull. I can only think of one regret right now, and that's not having taken the chance to drive the Weinermobile when it was offered to me.

Now I wonder, though, if there's more...better...greater things for me to have accomplished by this point in my life. I guess I only have about 19,000 more days to find out.

3 Comments:

  • At 2:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    oh quit your fuck'in worry'in O.o

     
  • At 4:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I too try to live life without regret and have come to realize that life is about more than doing great things. It is about living it! It is about looking out at the little duckies in the pond out back or enjoying a nice yummy cup of chantico. Life is not about fame, fortune, or success it is about enjoying what you have now before it is gone. But somehow I think you might know that.

     
  • At 2:34 PM, Blogger Tee/Tracy said…

    Wow - what a lovely anonymous comment. Stupid coward.

    Anyhow, Ruthie, my dear. Very deep thoughts. I too would like to drive the weinermobile. LOL.

    We should make a list of atleast 3 things we want to do this year and do them.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home