Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Sunday, May 22, 2005

disappointment...

Saturday was a beautiful day, yet I feel an inordinate amount of disappointment in my letterboxing. Waking up Saturday morning, I realized it was a great day, and in deciding such, I went out to Three Lakes Park to look for the "heron and the turtle" boxes. I had to take the freeway to get there, paid tolls, and then fought for parking. It seems that everyone heads to the park on nice days in Richmond, which is admirable, but really puts a kink when you're trying to be unobserved. I hiked the path for the heron box, and followed the directions. The box should have been under the third bridge--no box..i checked under the 4th bridge, and the 2nd bridge to no avail. Ok, not a big deal. It was probably washed away in flooding. I went in pursuit of the second box. I found the only pine tree even close to the clue sheet, and again, no stamp. Needless to say, I was rather disappointed.

After my visit to Three Lakes park, I thought, "hey, it's still beautiful, and it's not late yet..I'll go look for another box!". And so I headed out to Short Pump, and to Pouncy Tract Park. Very nice park, situated between the middle school and a soccer complex. There wasn't anyone there! I parked, found the trail, and then spent the next 30 mins looking in vain for the first box of the clue, to no avail. Finally, I gave up on box one, and tried box two, and still no results.

Although I'm disappointed in not being able to find anything yesterday, I still had the opportunity to get out of the house, enjoy the day, and get some much needed exercise. I also had a mini-sized jamocha shake from Arby's on the way home, and it was delicious! :)

On another note, I have bitten my nails down to the quick, and that really bugs me. I used to bite my nails alot when I was a kid, but when I got into college, I got pretty good about not doing it. Pretty much since I moved to Richmond, I've been biting them non-stop, which really sucks. I got used to having some nails to scratch errant itches, to peel stickers off of things, to part my hair w/o needed an pick...now I can't do any of that! Anyone have any good suggestions on how to stop it?

2 Comments:

  • At 6:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Don't bite your nails. Get a manicure?

     
  • At 1:41 PM, Blogger Tee/Tracy said…

    Thanks for mentioning letterboxing again. You reminded me I need to Email someone and let them know their box is no longer there. It's so frustrating, isn't it? Like you said though, atleast you got excercise and to enjoy nature.

    As for the nail biting - there is a nail polish that goes on clear which is flavored like jalapeno peppers. It is NOT tasty. My Mom used it on me and my little sister to stop us from sucking our thumbs. It was nasty stuff. Try it. LOL. I bet you could get it at WalMart.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home