Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Thursday, May 05, 2005

My life for a phone...

Verizon Wireless sucks ass.

Last week, I attempted to order my new phone. Since I have had a Verizon phone since approximately 1998, I get a new phone every two years. No big deal, except that my phone is on a midwestern plan, and I currently live on the east coast. Still, not an issue, as I was told that I could do the order by telephone or internet.

I accessed my online account, and no phones were listed as free. I spent about 1.5 hours on the phone trying to find out why. Finally, I got someone to help me (thank you James). Everything went smoothly until the checkout. I was unable to enter two separate addresses for billing and shipping. I called back to Verizon and spent nearly an hour on hold waiting for help. The girl (Christine-the b1tch)said that she would call me back when she was able to resolve my problem. She never called back.

On Monday morning, I called Verizon AGAIN, and spoke to Kenny, who listened to my problem, and said that he could place the order for me, while assuring me that my online pricing for my phone (free phone, 34.97 for accessories bundle) would be kept in place, along with free shipping. He assured me of a delivery by 05/05/05. At 3pm today, with no phone in hand, I called Verizon AGAIN, and spent 40 minutes trying to figure out why I had no phone. Another girl (whose name I forgot to write down) said that the order was not placed, and that there were no notations that I even spoke to someone named Kenny.

At this point, I asked to speak to a supervisor. Stephanie (the supervisor) said that she understood in the 4 hours that I had been on hold with Verizon could cause me frustration. She said that she could help me. She says that she can send me a new phone for free. I said, the phone was already free. She says that she can give me free shipping. I said, free shipping was included already. She says that she can mark down the accessories bundle from $49.00 to the online promotion price of $34.97. I said, I think you should give me that for FREE for the time I've spent on hold trying to do a simple order. She refused, and said that normally I'd be charged full price. I said, no I wouldn't, b/c my order says it should cost $34.97. What kind of favors does she think she's doing me by giving me a phone for free? or shipping, either? Helping me out would have been reducing the charge for the accessories bundle by half, or free, but half would have been nice.


ARRRRRGGGGGHHHHHH! Why, oh WHY, are people so stupid? Why do people not take pride in their jobs, and in helping the customer? Why do I always seem to get screwed over by these people? If not for Verizon offering the best nationwide coverage and calling plans, I would drop them in a heartbeat. I would go with a lower priced carrier with more minutes. Give me two years, and Verizon will probably be history with me. Its about that time that my phone (if i ever get it--now it's supossed to be overnighted for Monday delivery) will be on its final legs after numerous drops and tumbles. I just hope that I last that long...

2 Comments:

  • At 11:19 AM, Blogger Tee/Tracy said…

    This is why I no longer have Verizon as my cell phone provider. We switched to T mobile last year but since the move we've been getting sucky coverage in our area. Looks like we'll have to crawl back to Verizon on our hands and knees. UGH.

     
  • At 6:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    what makes you think you are entitled to free anything. A business needs doesn't make a profit GIVING away their merchandise just because you had a long hold time. Get a grip lady

     

Post a Comment

<< Home