Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Friday, June 03, 2005

I want YOU to want ME!

Wednesday, I lived on the edge and partook of some Richmond nightlife by going to see Cheap Trick in concert at Innsbrook after hours. For some reason, I expected a Meadowbrook/Pine Knob experience, but it was more like a graveled parking lot with a beer truck, and a small, temporary stage. Of course, the tickets at the gate were only 10bucks, so I can't complain. The crowd was small, parking was free, and the weather was extremely nice. They totally rocked--though I only knew a few songs they played--and they played some songs I didn't know they did.

Anyways, Tee tagged me with a MeMe on music, so here goes!

Total volume of music files on my computer--um, 12 songs? I don't download songs--I just copy and burn mix cd's of my already owned music, and then delete them off because I don't have an iPod either!

Last CD I bought--Um, I honestly can't remember. I know I got Cheap Trick live in Concert sometime in the past two years...And a CoverGirl Vibe CD that donated money to charity sometime last summer...man, this bites! I honestly don't know.

Song playing right now: It was Jimmy Eat World "Pain", but switched to Korn "Got the Life", I think. It's a radio station--but the CD in the player is the soundtrack to Legally Blonde.

Five songs that mean alot to me:
Dixie Chicks "Wide Open Spaces"
Red Hot Chili Peppers "Around the World"
Kid Rock "Cowboy"
Superchic[K]"One Girl Revolution"
Beatles "In my life"

Yeah, and I'm a little ashamed to admit this: but I am still an active listener of cd's from the Monkees, Air Supply, and Harry Connick Jr.

I guess I could pass this on, but I know JoDee won't do it (and all of her answers would be Yoyo Ma), Craig would probably answer it, but he would name bands that noone has ever heard of, and Brian doesn't have a page to post to...and I don't know anyone else. :)

5 Comments:

  • At 4:51 PM, Blogger Tee/Tracy said…

    Love Beatles and Red Hot Chili Peppers. They're both in my top 100 favorite bands/singers. :)

    Kid Rock is cool, too. I like that one song on the radio these days, I think it's Kid Rock and Sheryl Crow? They harmonize well together whoever they are.

     
  • At 7:47 PM, Blogger Mean Red said…

    hi, you should check out Hal, they're kind of laid back sixties-ish poppy sound. really relaxed for summer. they have a website www.halmusic.com and you can listen to their stuff on it. or for something a bit edgier, what about Ash?

     
  • At 9:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Gees... Um... do I have to limit it to just 5 songs? Hell, I could probably narrow it down to the entire catalog of five RECORD LABELS. :)

    OK, how about great firsts. These are songs that are like first loves... you'll never forget them, and they open your eyes to a whole new world.

    Rush: Time Stand Still. First Rush album I bought was Hold Your Fire. That introduced me to the majesty of Neil Peart.

    Bryan Adams: Into the Fire. Sad to admit, but this was the first CD I ever bought. I've since sold it away, as I did with my second album "Bon Jovi: Slippery When Wet".

    Joe Jackson: Survival. Big World was the third album I ever bought, and it's also the first album I've kept from those heady days of the digital revolution. Joe Jackson also introduced me to a world of music I never knew, such as the great songs on Stepping Out, Jumpin' Jive, Look Sharp, and Night and Day, as well as his later work. I've never been disappointed in a Joe Jackson album.

    Ministry: Theives. I was too much of a metalhead to care for any band that used synthesizers, but Ministry showed me that synths in heavy music isn't all bad. They also brought me to such bands as Skinny Puppy, Front Line Assembly, Nine Inch Nails, Einsturzende Neubauten, KMFDM, and many many more.

    Herbie Hancock: Rock It. First drum cadence in high school, and my first brush with the greatness that is Herbie Hancock. This gentleman embodies all that is good about jazz/fusion piano, and is immensely listenable.

    Man, that doesn't even scratch the surface, Ruth. :) Limiting it to five songs is HARD! :)

     
  • At 9:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Uh huh... you're right. K.

     
  • At 9:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh, didn't see the other questions... hold on... :)

    Last CD I bought: Vio-Lence: Oppressing the Masses / Torture Tactics. Before that was Spock's Beard: Feel Euphoria.

    Song Playing Right Now: Last song I heard was Mudvayne's latest on the Metal Show Podcast, and it smoked. Sounded like Thought Industry.

    Yeah, and Im a little ashamed to admit this: I still have discs from Amy Grant and Michael W. Smith, and I purchased a few discs of Kenny G. (But I have away the Kenny G discs under the condition that I never see them again).

     

Post a Comment

<< Home