Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Life, or something like it...

So last night, after working until 7pm, I went and ran some errands. I spent some money on clothes for work, and then went to exhchange an item I bought for my mom at Ben Franklin. While there, I noticed the HUGE BANNER that screamed "25% OFF EVERYTHING IN THE STORE". With that in mind, I decided to invest in the Speedball Linoleum carving tool. This is the one that the LBNA website recommends for custom stamp carving. And, at 25% off, it only cost $8.50 after tax. Of course, I don't know what I expected for my $8.50, but it is a litte scary. Basically, you get a plastic handle, and a box of assorted blades that are interchangeable. I plan on playing around with it this weekend as I decimate my first eraser.

I've actually been playing around with a design for my own custom letterboxing stamp to use, as well as the stamp for the box I intend to plant for others to find. Of course, my inability to locate any white vynle (for some reason that looks like it's not spelled right, but vynel doesn't look correct either--is it vinyle? meh, that looks closer, but still not right! arrrgghhhh!) erasers larger than 1" by 3" severly limits my artistic endeavours. I shall, however, persevere. I have the design for my individual stamp already. Get this--it's a turtle with QueenDork76 arched over the top of the shell. I'll let you know if it works.

The weather in Richmond is miserably hot and humid, though word from Brian is that a tornado touched down somewhere in SE lower Michigan, knocking out cable for nearly 24 hours on Sunday. I know that the weather there is just as miserable as here, but that still doesn't make me miss it anyless.

JoDee finished her thesis, passed, and will soon be awarded a very significant piece of paper with her name, and the designation of a Masters Degree in Physics (or would it be Masters degree in Science, with a concentration in Physics?). I'm not sure how the it works, but either way, big CONGRATULATIONS! :)

So, that's the extent of my life at the moment. Happiness for others, some new clothes so I don't look TOO frumpy at work, attempting to be artistic, and still missing my friends.

How's things going in YOUR lives?

2 Comments:

  • At 2:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Its freaking HOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

     
  • At 1:04 PM, Blogger Tee/Tracy said…

    Don't forget the text has to be backwards on the stamp! - That sounds like an ambitious design. Mine is real simple. It's a letter T with a leaf coming off it.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home