Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Monday, February 06, 2006

Do you have any idea...

how much a fuel pump sending unit for a Chevy Blazer costs? Yeah, I didn't either until Saturday. Believe me, it's EXPENSIVE, especially when you count the cost of towing, labor, and tax.

I love my car, but man, but it's never simple, inexpensive things that break on her. I have to do things like replace the transmission, put in a new fuel pump sending unit, or an alternator. Right now, I also have issues with Dex-cool clogging my heater core, somewhere I have a short that causes my turn signal thing to constantly make the clicking noise (though the lights don't blink), half the buttons on my radio have gone black, and my auto-dimmer on the rearview/side view mirrors doesn't work as well as it used to. I also think the heated mirrors don't work either, but that's been an issue since the first accident.

My baby is falling apart, and I can't afford to fix her the way she deserves, or buy a new car at this time, either. What's a girl to do? Ideally, in a perfect world, I would be thin and beautiful, and dating a mechanic. That would solve alot of my problems right now. As it is, I live in a city with no close friends to call when car emergencies strike. I don't know the good private mechanics to patronize, so I have to go with chain stores, and take their word that what they tell me is wrong is actually wrong. It's times like these when I hate being a girl.

So, I guess my next question is: Does anyone know of a good mechanic in the greater Richmond area, aged between 25-35, single, and looking for a well educated, gainfully employed, 6'0 blonde? If so, just tell them I said "hi"! **

**This, in no way, should be construed as an effort to meet men. This is merely for comic effect, unless, of course, you DO know one..but only if they are at least my height...never mind, this is stupid...but you can tell them I did say hi, if you want to....but I really don't think I'm interested...at least, not today, anyways....maybe tomorrow?

3 Comments:

  • At 3:28 PM, Blogger Jess said…

    Hi! My name is Jessica! I google turtles in the goolge blog search and I really like this blog! In fact I have a skin very simelar to yours! Maybe you can give me blogging tips!

     
  • At 2:01 PM, Blogger Tee/Tracy said…

    Hee hee - but luck of all luck - you met a mechanic that took a fancy to ya! You gotta break something on your car so you can go back in there. ROFL ;)

     
  • At 3:33 PM, Blogger Buffy said…

    lol

    I'm going to have to start driving again just so I can borrow your mechanic.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home